Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The dream catcher

Like Dhirubhai Ambani, Kushal Dev Rathi always believed that dreams are meant to be realised. He always wanted to be rich. He has realised his dream – only 28-years-old, he successfully runs a portfolio management company.

But his life has been anything but a smooth ride. His father wanted Kushal to be an engineer although he was more inclined to take up English literature. In the confusion that ensued, he failed in chemistry in class 12. He had to shelve his aspirations to be an engineer.

Kushal then turned towards his first love, English literature. He took admission in BA (Hons) English. At the same time, he tried his luck in business and experimented with 11 different types of businesses. Sitting comfortably on a sofa in his plush Noida Sector-18 office, he says: “I was not disappointed at all. I started thinking about a twelfth business idea. But I did not have money. Then, I joined a reputed private bank.”

Kushal continues: “I did not have an MBA degree. But I got the job only due to my merit. I got promoted in six months. A year later, I was offered a fat pay package by the largest private bank of the country. I couldn’t turn it down”

He, however, didn't rest on his oars. He left that cushy job three years ago to pursue his dreams of being an independent entrepreneur. He hasn’t looked back since. “If you are committed to your goal, success is bound to come to you,” says Kushal.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2009


An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative



No comments: