Friday, January 11, 2013

NARESH GUPTA, MD, ADOBE india

I realised... if I pay them the ransom, my son would be back...

B&E: What was your first reaction when you discovered that your son Anant was kidnapped?

Naresh Gupta (NG):
Obviously, it wasn’t a very happy moment for me or my family. Infact when the incident happened, I was in Hong Kong for business purpose. I immediately flew back and after some discussions with some of my close associates, we decided to hire an expert from Philippines. That was my first reaction and the first step I took. I didn’t want to compromise on anything and we decided that taking expert opinion and consulting was the best way to get out of the situation and get my son back, safe.

B&E: How were the state of affairs at home? You being the head of the family, did you get into that assurance mode that all would be set right?

NG:
Of course not! I was as worried as they were, and I simply told them to handle their own tears. I had to be practical and had to keep my mind off all the grief and think clearly. I had to spend more quality time thinking about what can happen rather than waste time in grief, thinking about what happened!

B&E: So how did the family come to know about Anant’s kidnapping?

NG:
The family received a phone call stating the obvious. Then the police was immediately involved and I openly decided to involve the media as well. We were very open about it and hoped that telling the world would make it easier for us to nab the kidnappers. There were people telling me how two men on a motorcycle had picked up my son from where he would catch his school bus everyday. He was just in the pre-nursery standard then, and it would have been a rather easy task to kidnap a kid, who was totally unguarded, totally unarmed or forewarned.


Source : IIPM Editorial, 2012.
An Initiative of IIPMMalay Chaudhuri
For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.